H73: Temporarily Waive ABC Permit Renewal Fees. Latest Version
AN ACT TO waive certain abc permit renewal and registration fees due on may 1, 2021, or for the period covering may 1, 2021, through april 30, 2022.
The General Assembly of North Carolina enacts:
SECTION 1. Notwithstanding G.S. 18B‑903, for the period from May 1, 2021, through April 30, 2022, the ABC Commission shall renew or register without payment all of the following ABC permits that are active as of April 30, 2021:
(1) On‑premises malt beverage permit.
(2) On‑premises unfortified wine permit.
(3) On‑premises fortified wine permit.
(4) Mixed beverages permit.
(5) Culinary permit.
(6) Mixed beverages catering permit.
(7) Guest room cabinet permit.
(8) Wine tasting permit.
(9) Wine shop permit.
(10) Malt beverage tasting permit.
(11) Spirituous liquor tasting permit.
(12) Antique spirituous liquor permit.
(13) Common area entertainment permit.
SECTION 2. Any ABC permittee who has prepaid a fee that is waived under Section 1 of this act may request a refund for the total amount of the prepaid fee. No later than 30 days from the date it receives a request authorized under this section, the ABC Commission, in collaboration with the Department of Public Safety, shall refund the total amount of the prepaid fee to the ABC permittee.
SECTION 3. This act is effective when it becomes law.